With busy morning schedules, if you are anything like me, and have the exact time you need to wake up in order to be out of the house, I may have found an EXTREMELY easy recipe to have a tasty breakfast on-the-go.
I have always been a breakfast sandwich type of person, but I kept on making myself late by frying the egg and putting the sandwich together. By the time I got to sit down and eat it I either felt way too rushed or it just being cold… I now dedicate my breakfast sandwich days to when I actually have time to sit down and enjoy it. I then found myself eating either a bagel with cream cheese or toast with cream cheese (a classic) but this is something better ate straight out of the toaster rather than in your car because I feel like it gets hard (clearly, I am a picky eater). But, at last, I stumbled upon various tik tok videos talking about overnight oats and I am so grateful!!!!!!
Simple Overnight Oats
What you’ll need;
- 1/2 cup of oats (rolled, organic, old fashion, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of milk (I always do almond milk, you can use any milk substitute of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of yogurt (I use nonfat Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of honey (you can add more or less, it’s for your liking)
- your choice of fruit (my go to’s are any kind of berries and bananas)
- Get a jar or Tupperware (anything that has a lid will work), this is where you’ll pour your ingredients.
- Start by pouring all dry ingredients.
- Pour all your wet ingredients.
- You can either slice the fruit and pour it in or you can smash them and pour it in.
- Mix it all together until everything seems well combined and close the lid.
- Sit your container(S) in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 2 hours before enjoying.
*You want to make sure you allow the oats to soak OVERNIGHT because it is not healthy to consume raw oats!*
Lastly, I’ve heard marvelous things about these overnight oats being healthy, but I’ve also heard that they’re not. I’ve been eating them as a breakfast on-the-go since December of 2020 and I can’t say anything bad about them. I know that whenever I’m in the kitchen prepping mine for the next morning, I’ll also have to make some for my mom and sister. I hope you try this easy on-the-go breakfast and tweak it to fit your health restrictions! You can eat in the parking lot, at work, in your house, honestly anywhere.