I’m a big fan of anything fantasy related – from movies and tv series, to short stories and novels. So when my brother-in-law recommended this particular novel, I was very excited. This past week I started reading a fantasy novel called “The Fifth Season” by N. K. Jemisin. I haven’t finished it but I’ve been so excited to talk about it that I couldn’t wait. I don’t like spoilers to the books I’m reading so I won’t give any, instead I wanted to give a shoutout to the author of the book.

N. K. Jemisin won the Hugo Award Best Novel in 2016. It was also the New York Times Bestseller Notable Book of 2015. The reason I was so excited to write about her was because she was the first person to win three consecutive Hugo Awards (think Grammys but for books), as well as the first black author to win a Hugo Award in this category.

If you are into fantasy/sci-fi, then I hope you find some time to pick up “The Fifth Season.” So happy reading and I’ll see you next week.

“For all those who have to fight for the respect that everyone else is given without question.” – N. K. Jemisin