As we are halfway through the semester, it is that time to start thinking about your next steps in life. What does your CCBC journey have to offer you? I always stress this but CCBC is more than just a college that offers classes. It’s this wonderful place where you are able to question yourself, find yourself, and get exposed to things you never thought you would. But the thing is that if you never step out of your comfort zone you’ll never experience these things.

Wide eyed Vivian came to CCBC with hopes and dreams of getting an associates degree and starting the workforce right away because CCBC is the home staple for that sort of thing. I was afraid of pushing myself to wanting more because I set limits to myself. The goals I had as a 19 year old were completely different from what I have today. One thing I am assured hasn’t change, is that I wanted change. I did not care what it meant but I wanted change. Inspired GIFs | Tenor

I will never forget seeing those student life leaders hosting events out in the quad. They looked so happy and to top things off when I talked to them they were so friendly. I wanted to be part of that community and finding out that they were getting paid to have fun blew my mind.

As I had mentioned earlier sometimes I limit myself to seeing the bigger picture but this time around the universe had written a path I was not aware that was meant for me. I didn’t hesitate nor neglected the student life leadership application. I wanted it and I put myself to write that essay they requested, got the reference forms filled out, and updated my resume. I turned it in and waited. I got an email that I got a group interview and as soon as I walked in that day to the Catonsville campus, I knew this was it. Walking into the interview room is something I will never forget. It was fun, I felt welcomed, and everything was so organized.

When I filled out the application I had put down that I wanted to be a First-Year Experience (FYE) Mentor Program, but at the end of the application I realized that the student Ambassador program fit my lifestyle and needs the most.No Limit GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Finally, I got hired and the rest is history. I’ve met people, I’ve gone places, and the best part of it all is that it taught me to stop limiting myself. I stepped out of my box and here I am now still defining myself. Would I have done all this without Student Life? I really do not know. They have been such a driving force for me.

I want you to have that driving force. I want you to get inspired because that’s how I got inspired. Something as small as joining a student organization will definitely rock your world.

So here are the details:

“Student Life Office is currently actively recruiting student leaders for the spring 2023 semester. We are seeking motivated students who are interested in serving the college while also gaining leadership skills and tuition reimbursement.” (Student Life)

The positions available:

• Ambassadors
  • First-Year Experience (FYE) Mentors
  • Student Government Association

What do these positions do?

• ” FYE Mentor Program: Mentors assist the FYE program by helping first-year students feel comfortable and connected to CCBC, presenting in CCBC’s New Student Orientation, working with ACDV instructors to assist with class workshops, sponsoring and supporting FYE events, and attending weekly office hours to allow students the opportunity to seek one-on-one support and mentoring” (Student Life).
  • “Student Life Ambassador Program: Ambassadors assist with Student Life and other department events, give campus tours to prospective students, blog for CCBC’s website, and represent CCBC at a variety of on and off campus events” (Student Life).
  • “SGA Executive Board: The SGA board members advocate for students regarding policies and regulations that affect students’ collegiate experience, oversee and support the development of student organizations, and provide programming that supports the personal, social, and leadership development of the student body” (Student Life).

Payment:

$15 hr, which is paid as a tuition reimbursement.

Application due date:

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Link to the Application:

Online Application

Paper Application

Group Interview Date:
Monday, December 19, 2022.

Mandatory Training for Selected Candidates:
Dates will be scheduled for each Leadership Program.

So what are you waiting for? Literally apply and see what you can be at CCBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go No Limits GIF by Denyse - Find & Share on GIPHY