Yelp for help? What does that even mean?
Well, when I worked at the bakery/ babysat my cousins, paw patrol was huge back in those days. Children loved it and it seemed to be plastered everywhere kids where at. I can vividly recall the “yelp for help” phrase they would say.
So really, what does yelp for help mean?
Basically, anytime you feel in danger, stuck, frustrated, etc., look around and ask for help. If you never say anything, how are others supposed to know that you need help? This is why the yelp (most likely standing for yell but not in a quite literal sense) comes into play.
Why does this even matter?
There are so many free resources available to us as college students that sometimes we do not acknowledge. Being a new student, returning student, or a fully online student we could all fall victim to the unknown available resources that are provided to us.
Well then, what are they?
Here is a list of what I personally know about:
- Scheduling an appointment to receive virtual tutoring firstname.lastname@example.org or help in person by calling
Visit the website Tutoring and Academic Coaching (ccbcmd.edu)
- The writing center can help you with your writing assignments. Visit the website Online Writing Lab (ccbcmd.edu)
- Khan academy is a great free resource to help you study with trustworthy information. Visit the website Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice
- Need to perform research with trustworthy articles to read from? Check out our online library database. Visit CCBC Libraries (ccbcmd.edu)
- Going through a crisis of not knowing what you want your career to be? Visit the website Career Services (ccbcmd.edu)
- Feeling stressed out about life and feeling hopeless? Reach out to the Student Success Navigators. They cater to real life needs that do not necessarily have anything to do with college assignments. Visit the website https://www.ccbcmd.edu/About-CCBC/Administrative-Offices/Enrollment-and-Student-Services/College-Life/College-and-Community-Outreach-Services.aspx
- Download the Pulse app on the app store to have your courses right on your phone.
So far, this is all I’ve been able to gather for you guys. As I come across more resources, I will share with you guys. The great thing about this is that you can easily find all this information through the CCBC website at CCBCMD.EDU.
Sometimes it can be intimidating to ask for help, may that because you’re embarrassed or you just don’t where to start. May that be approaching people face to face or talking to someone over the phone. The great thing about the resources I provided is that you can email people and this can knock out any anxiety you may have.
I always say you never lose anything by asking. So next time you’re in doubt or in need of some help, just yelp for help.