In this blog post I will be talking about my favorite program at CCBC. Yes, I’m biased, but you will soon know why. The CCBC Human Services Counseling Program (HUSC) is designed to help students get their college degree or certificate in the easiest, fastest, and most affordable way possible. Five years ago when I first joined the CCBC community this major was not offered yet. After two years of being a student, I was introduced to this amazing program. The minute I learned about it, I changed my major without hesitation.

This program provides you with a clear road map to your destination as a behavioral health counselor or a human services counselor. What I would like to highlight here is that professors who teach in this major are practicing professionals. They have been practicing counseling and helping their clients for years. You can imagine all the wisdom and knowledge that you will get from these professors who have years of experience in counseling. They know exactly what works and what doesn’t. Before you graduate, they make sure you are prepared for the real deal. They teach you very effective counseling skills that they have been practicing with their clients for years. You will also be part of the HUSC family. Students in the HUSC program build close friendships with each other. Friendships that last for a long time.  That’s what made me love this program more every year. The way these classes are taught is not like any other class. These classes are more than just papers, quizzes, assignments, and exams. It’s more like learning how to become a successful counselor and at the same time take care of yourself so you can help others. After you finish the first 18 credits you earn your first certificate. You will become a behavioral health counselor trainee. You will be equipped with skills and tools to practice counseling in the state of Maryland.

If you still don’t know which major to pick and you have a passion for helping others, I suggest you give the HUSC program a chance. CCBC is the only college that offers this program completely online for those who can’t physically attend college. This program will allow you to get paid working as a trainee before graduating. Upon graduation, you will be prepared to sit for the state certification exam and can be employed in a growing field.

I will include some contact information for you if you are interested in joining  the HUSC family. You will get the help you need from the program’s directors to stay on track to finish your degree or certificate then reach your final destination to future career.

Ted McCadden, D.Ed., LCADC
443-840-3783 or tmccadden@ccbcmd.edu

You can always reach out to me too.

rama.sawalhi@gmail.com

Until next time my friends,

Rama