Hi everyone. Welcome to my second blog for the semester and my second blog about my trip to Hippocrates. I have a lot to share with  you about this amazing trip that it will take more than two blogs to cover it. I hope you will enjoy reading about my trip.

After staying there for one week, it was time to test for COVID. I brought my test kit with me to save up some money. They charge you extra for COVID test over there. There I was ready to test and get a negative result. I was negative when I first got there a week ago, and I didn’t leave campus. All of the people there don’t leave campus there and they all had to test before they were allowed into  campus. So there was no way for me to get COVID. After twenty minutes of waiting for that negative result, so I can get on with my day, the nurse delivered the most disturbing news to me. “Your test came out positive”, the nurse said to me. At first my heart fell in my stomach, I was like what do you mean it’s positive? They suggested to test again using their test, so I did. This time it was negative, so I was relieved. But the nurse insisted to test me a third time to make sure. Of course the result came positive, so I ended up with two positive tests and one negative. ” But I feel fine”, I said. The next thing I knew, I was packing my stuff so they can put me and my roommate in the isolation house they have for when anybody get COVID. The picture above is the isolation house I stayed in for 5 days.

Having this experience was very tough. I know now how people who got COVID felt. I’m not talking about the physical symptoms. I’m talking about the emotions they experience. Just the thought of being away from my family with a possibility of missing my flight back home made me go crazy. I didn’t want to stay in Florida anymore. I was so worried that they will keep me in isolation for two weeks. I don’t know how I was able to sleep that first night at the isolation house.

The next day, they sent us the doctor to examine us ( my roommate and myself). I was relieved when they told me that the isolation period is 5 days now if you don’t have symptoms. Now I could breath.

They also gave me a voucher for one week of stay at Hippocrates to use the next time I go there. That was very nice, since I had to cancel all of my energy therapy appointment on campus.

I spent those days self- reflecting and meditating for long hours. After all, I got all the times in the world.

Here is a picture of the flowers I picked while I was walking exploring the area around the isolation house:

I can’t believe that I’m saying this, but the time I spent during isolation was the most inspirational time during that trip. It allowed me to dig deep deep into myself and reflect. It was an eye opener  experience. Every time I remember this moment of loneliness, I stop myself from taking anything for granted. It brings me back to my peace and calm when I start to feel angry and frustrated at life. It reminds me to focus on what’s really important in my life. It reminds me that as long as I’m around my family and my loved ones, any problem will have a solution. No problem is big compared to what I experienced in that isolation house.

But, I still think I didn’t get DOVID.

Until next time my friends