The past few weeks of school has been well… something. I knew right off the bat that it would be an unrealistically stressful semester but I didn’t think I would be so stressed that I would bust out in tears, not once but three good times. However, I am on a fun kick of trying not to complain about things so let’s see how well that works out.

I think more than anything, it takes a while to get in the groove of things especially at the start of a new fiscal year. I have been involved with more clubs and that has honestly been the highlight of my semester thus far, as opposed to the college applications I’ve been trying to complete. In the spirit of not complaining, I am going to take a step back from all the stress and list a few good things that have happened this semester.

I am happy to be alive.

I am happy to have a family that care about me.

I am happy to have access to education.

I am happy to be approaching midterms because that means we are closer to finals.

I have had to retype almost all my application essays but I am glad it’s finally coming together

I am happy that the Conversation club is slowly becoming more than a concept and might actually become a club.

I am happy to work alongside amazing people in Chi theta that really care about my well-being outside of “work”

I am happy to be able to attend honors meetings this semester.

I am happy that I was able to at least start one of the two papers that are due on the same day, in less than a week.

I am happy-elated-to be an ambassador this year.

I had a different blog typed out for today, but I do think it’s important to take a step back and reflect on the good things that have happened to us. Sometimes, as things happen, it may seem like the bad outweighs the good and writing it down can help us see the good things in our lives. I hope you take at least 10 minutes in your day to appreciate anything and everything because there are so many good hidden in the bad cloud.