Today was unfortunately not a good quarantine day. My biggest concern during quarantine has been having my thoughts catch up to me. well… they have. We are approaching the finish line of the Jack Kent Cooke competition and that’s all I’ve been able to think about.  I hate to put all my eggs in one basket but that’s all I have going for me haha. Today I woke up with a pit in my stomach and I honestly don’t remember what I dreamt about so I don’t know if it was JKC related. To make matters worse, I got a tweet notification from the foundation that said “congratulations to the Cooke scholar…” and I lost my mind. Like my heart left my body but they were only congratulating a past scholar lol. Fun fact, that was how I found out I was a semi.

For the past 6 months, I have been living with so many uncertainties and as things become more clear, reality hits and fear creeps in. I, unfortunately, didn’t get any Phi Theta Kappa scholarships which sucked but I kinda expected that lol. I am sure the people who deserve it got it and that’s truly all that matters.

I hate to be such a Debby downer lol but I just feel not my best today and I bet it’s evident in this post. Ok… let’s try something different. Good news.  I got into Stevenson’s nursing program! haha until I was accidentally got sent a rejection letter in the mail lmao. it’s all good though, It was all a mistake and the very nice admission officers helped settle the misunderstanding. Thanks, Katelyn, you’re the best.

Another good news, I am one of the All Maryland scholars (i don’t really know the actual title), which is pretty cool but COVID-19 canceled the award ceremony so that’s kinda fun. oh also, the student life banquet is now virtual so that is also very fun. looking forward to that.

Anyways… I will wrap this on a positive note. CCBC has a new thing called CCBC cares and they hold weekly zoom meetings. it is a time to engage in important conversations and ask questions that could potentially help us get through quarantine. They send out information about the meetings through the student life text messages so if you haven’t signed up for that, do it. you can sign up by texting Essex to 76626. do it!

stay safe,

Grace