This past week was not a walk in the park for me. I mean nothing is at this point but this is different. Your first year is honestly the easiest because not to scare you, it does not get any easier. As I have mentioned in preceding blog posts, I am taking 4 Science classes and a swim class. Exams suck and trigger my anxiety, especially the very first midterms that determine progress grades. I had my nutrition exam pretty early on in the semester but that was not the same for my microbiology and chemistry. I had micro on Monday night and chemistry on Tuesday morning. I did not have a blog post for today until today, which by the way, never happens. I slept for 3hrs on Sunday/Monday and barely 4 on Monday/Tuesday. I am wrecked and it feels like I just finished my finals. I can’t imagine that people are going through this because this is a very unhealthy way to live. Can I mention that I think nobody should be allowed to take more than 2 max science classes because we think it’s easy until it’s not.

I am very grateful for my swim class though and glad that I decided to add it to my already crazy schedule. I’ve come to realize that swimming calms me and I do not worry about anything. for 3hours, all that matters in the world is that I just learned to dive or breathe underwater and that brings me the most joy. learning to swim when you’re 19 is not the easiest thing to do but it is the easiest thing in my life right now.

I don’t know what calms you but I am pretty sure you have exams coming up or had exams this past week. I feel you. I need you to take a moment to breathe because you need to be here to get the good grades. what’s the point of doing all the hard work, getting the grades and ending up in the hospital. do something you love doing, could be yoga, old-fashioned workout, or swim, literally anything that helps put you at peace with yourself.

I am typing this half-asleep and I could just sit this one out but I really do think that somebody needs to see this and take a breather. I really hope this helps somebody. <3

Image result for breathing ariana grande lyrics