As we are starting our 3rd week of classes, it’s crazy to think that time is moving pretty fast. So fast that sometimes it gets a little more challenging on both the classwork and homework that is given to us. Take it from me and never be that person who says “I can always catch up.” You’re basically adding unnecessary stress on to your body when all you could simply do is take advantage Pin on All things as Cokeof resources that CCBC offers their students for free.

Yes, I am talking about the Student Success Center AKA the tutoring center.

I know that sometimes it can be embarrassing to not understand a concept and not want to ask for help in class. But instead of suffering, let me tell you, you are not alone. Learning can be tricky. And yes, it’s amazing when you have a professor or classmates who can help you understand or study, but sometimes that’s just not the case. Been there, done that. When I took chem 107, I was down bad. Like embarrassingly bad. I struggled, while the people who sat next to me and beside me would make comments “this is so easy, it’s like the chemistry class from high school.” Hearing comments like that can sometimes mess with your mind. They make you wonder, is there something wrong with me? Why am I not getting this like they are? It’s not a great feeling when all you’re trying to do is pass the class. But hey, you learn from your mistakes and not try to repeat them. Tutoring GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’m not sure if the tutoring center still does this, but I remember on the first 2 days of when the semester started, they would pop into lectures and give out little pamphlets. Which I would always recommend picking one up if I were you. What drove me to dig into and actually get some help was remembering my first semester at CCBC and how I would visit the writing center and they would help me proof read my essays. I was really struggling and figured I would go talk to the tutoring center. I figured I had nothing to lose, and went to the Essex campus SSRV building on the third floor. I was greeted by the front desk workers and they helped me schedule an appointment which I was very thankful for.

Now some very basic information we all should know;

To schedule an appointment with the student success center give them a call @

Catonsville: 443.840.2750
Dundalk: 443.840.3666
Essex: 443.840.1820

Hours of operation

Monday – Tuesday
8:30 am – 5 pm

Wednesday – Thursday
8:30 am – 7 pm

Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm

Saturday – Sunday
Closed

Don’t feel like talking? Email them!

virtualtutor@ccbcmd.edu

• First and last name
  • CCBC Student ID
  • Phone number
  • Email (CCBC email preferred)
  • Preferred date(s) and time(s) that you would like to meet with the tutor

You never know until you try. 

Another thought for your brain to digest from me, sometimes it better to withdraw from a class rather than taking a really low grade or just not showing up to class. It’ll look way superior on your transccript to have a W for withdrawn than an F for fail.

Effective planning of schools - SPA Tool #2 | Motion graphics, Motion  design, Zone animation