Hey there! Do you have a GPA of at least 3.5 and have finished at least 12 hours of coursework toward your degree? If yes, let me tell you a little about Phi Theta Kappa, an international honors society that offers so many opportunities. A lot of people have shared interest in this organization, so I thought why not make a post about it, right? If you’re not aware yet, Phi Theta Kappa has chapters in our three main campuses: Essex, Catonsville, and Dundalk.

As a member myself, I’ve been a direct receiver of Phi Theta Kappa’s scholarship and learning opportunities. With their Edge courses, you can prepare yourself in many areas at your own pace: research, healthcare, employment, transferring to a university, and being a competitive candidate in your professional life. On the other hand, their wide range of scholarship opportunities can also help you financially on your college journey. Another thing I love about Phi Theta Kappa is that you’ll be able to meet a lot of new people and make new friends! As it is a nationally recognized honors society, PTK has a lot of events that function all over the country. They also have regional events. Because of COVID19, most of the events are currently virtual. Despite that, they are still as fun as ever!

Finally, when you are involved with your PTK chapter, you get to build a community, meet like-minded individuals, and hone your skills in leadership. The lifetime membership fee is only $75 (you only have to pay once) for many great benefits and worth-it advantages. Not to mention, the scholarship opportunities that you can get from PTK will eventually pay you back. If you are interested in PTK, you can click here to be redirected to the official PTK page. If you have any other questions, feel free to message or email me! I’m an officer at PTK’s CCBC Essex chapter, Chi Theta, and I’ll be glad to answer any of your concerns. Hope you guys found this helpful!