Awkward Friends aka Family……. Don’t you just love them….

So how many of you have that one awkward friend who embarrasses you when they are around but than you miss them when they are gone.

Well, some of us have those friends in our siblings and I have three of them and well, now my niece has joined the bandwagon. You know when you have to say,

“Can’t take you guys anywhere”

But then, we love them for just whom they are, the crazy, spiraling, energetically mind boggling creatures that drive us up that  particular wall. There are times when I just sit back and laugh, remembering the good old days we shared, without a care in the world about what anyone thought. That was before we got busy in our daily humdrum lives of work, studies and family, not to forget friends and our own quiet time.

Some days I would tell myself, “it’s okay Mehnaz, always look on the brighter side and its silver lining”, and now, look at us, we are the best of friends. Well, we do have our occasional bout of words, in a polite and civilized manner, as we have been taught. Siblings are supposed to irritate the life of each other and no matter what anyone says…… age does not matter, ask us four…We live in different countries, across oceans, but still find time to show our immense love for each other by either calling over Skype or face-time (not just on special occasions) – bless technology – what would we do without it today…..

Recently my sisters had given a surprise visit and since they are awesome in the kitchen, I had the best 10 days ever as being a middle child, ohh yessss… I was spoiled rotten (still am😊) Breakfast, lunch and dinner was made fresh and served. Even mom got a chance to rest from cooking – well actually she didn’t have a choice as the kitchen was taken over – not that I am complaining…..I do miss them a lot when they are not here and it’s the precious moments we spend together that makes life so wonderful.

Now coming back to awkward friends, well, my sisters had a field day being my awkward friends and us siblings had an amazing time, just being together….So, again, bless technology and all those people who keep on improving the ways we can speak with our loved ones without any hassles….

Well, that all for this blog…..just random thoughts .. Nothing unusual or any drama..just plain and simple thoughts ……. Just the way we like it….

Be grateful and give more than you receive…