Being a vegetarian is kind of tough when it comes to making sure you have a balanced diet and stay healthy along with ACTUALLY enjoying your food. I personally used to shove a bunch of lettuce in my mouth and chew though I really dislike eating healthy and I had to figure a way to do it without suffering the wrath of these healthy veggies. I know, well for me at least it can be super hard managing your college work and making sure you eat healthily and stay strong, especially eating on time 3 times a day. Well, don’t you worry I created a list of healthy meals made with food items you can get at your local grocery stores to make fun, delicious, super healthy snacks!
- Spinach with black beans wrap
- 1 tortilla (wheat is preferred)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 2-3 dashes of hot sauce (Frank’s, Tabasco, your favorite!)
- A small handful of fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoon beans (black or refried)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Lay the tortilla on a flat griddle or in a large non-stick pan on medium to low heat.
- Immediately top with cheese, beans, and spinach.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove it from heat and add hot sauce and tomatoes.
- Fold and enjoy!
- *Cook’s Note: Don’t leave the tortilla to overheat too long. It will get hard and difficult to fold. Just heat long enough to heat through and keep the temperature low.
- Oatmeal berries
- 1/2 cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup(s) nonfat milk or water
- 1 teaspoon(s) shredded orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) blueberries
- 1/4 cup(s) raspberries
- 1/4 cup(s) blackberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) nonfat Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon(s) sunflower seeds
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Combine oats and nonfat milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes. Stir in orange peel and vanilla. Top with berries and yogurt. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and additional orange peel, if desired.
Gluten-free if made with Quaker Gluten-Free Oats, nut-free, vegetarian
For a vegan version, substitute non-dairy milk and yogurt, such as almond or soy, for nonfat milk and yogurt.
- Hummus sandwich
- 1 large pita bread
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
Steps to Make It
- First, choose what type of hummus you would like to make your sandwich.
- If you are using pita bread, slice a small amount off the top, allowing the pita to be opened to stuff.
- With a butter knife spread the desired amount of hummus inside the pita pocket.
- Add chopped veggies and enjoy!
- Avocado and toast
One 8-ounce ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
Fine salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices whole grain or whole wheat bread
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter, softened
Flaky sea salt, for serving
Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with fine salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread until browned and crisp. Lightly rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant; discard the garlic. Lightly brush the toasts with oil, and season with fine salt and pepper. Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with more flaky sea salt, more black pepper, and red pepper flakes if used.
- Tofurky sandwich
2 slices Sourdough Bread
(I like Vegenaise)
4-6 slices Tofurky
1-2 slices Cheeze
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
Gather your ingredients!
Pop your bread in the toaster. Meanwhile, slice your Tomato and tear Lettuce leaves to Sandwich-size.
One toasty spread Mayo and Mustard over each piece of bread.
Generously sprinkle Dill, Salt, and Pepper over the Mayo.
Now grab each Tofurky slice and fold it in half. Layer them across one piece of bread, overlapping the ends slightly.
Lay down the Lettuce leaves over the Tofurky.
Now, tear your Cheeze into strips and lay across the Lettuce, overlapping slightly.
Top with the Tomato slices and smush everything together with the other slice of bread.
And that’s it! Cut into your fav Sandwich shape, toss on a plate, and serve with some Pasta Salad, Oven Fries, or your fav Chips. Maybe even a hearty Dill Pickle. Enjoy!!
- Chia and Quinoa chips with Guacamole
This is just a quick snack of Chia and Quinoa chips and normal guacamole to your liking and boom, holy guacamole.
Well, hope you guys like these do comment if you try any of these, and don’t forget to stay healthy mortals.