I know it may seem like I’m insane. HOWEVER, we honestly only have a little over a MONTH till finals.

Commence meltdown in…

3…

2…

1…

Okay so now that we’ve pulled ourselves together, it’s time to discuss the topic at hand.

I plan on graduating this Spring 2019, and transferring to a four-year school. And one thing I will admit is, time really snuck away from me. It feels like just yesterday I was walking into my first and now I’m applying for graduation. The deadlines seemed far away, but here we are.

Whether you’re thinking about transferring or not, it’s nice to think about what you’re planning on doing after you’re time here.

If you are learning towards transferring, here are some things I’ve learned in the past few semesters.

Pick Your School/Major Ahead Of Time

Not everyone knows exactly what they want, and that’s okay. Try and pick 3 schools that you’re interested in. Even if what you want changes, it’s best to start from somewhere. Research what the schools like, try to take a tour. CCBC has different colleges visit every semester, take advantage of it.

Once you have an idea of what major you plan on going into, look at what credits transfer. This can help you figure out what classes to take while you’re still at CCBC. Going to an Advisor on campus, as well as talking with your Program Coordinator will be helpful.

Check Deadlines Often

Once you narrow down what school(s) you’re planning on applying to, check their deadlines. When do they stop accepting applications? What do they require you to have during the application process? Do you have to apply to a specific program in addition to the school? These are all things you need to be aware of. For me, graduation and transferring felt like so far away. But the priority deadlines for a lot of colleges comes up quickly. A lot of schools have a timeline on their websites of specific deadlines, which will help you tackle things in a timely manner

Go In With A Plan

Whether it’s a transfer fair, meeting with an advisor, or a campus tour. Go into everything with a mapped out plan. It may not go as planned (in fact it probably won’t, because what ever does?). This way you won’t waste time, or try to think of stuff on the spot. Making a list of topics can make things much easier.

Ask Questions

This process can be confusing, and a little difficult to tackle alone. Take advantage of all the resources CCBC has to offer (events, panels, advisors, etc.) Look online for solutions, but if things still aren’t clear then feel free to ask questions. Don’t go into this without knowing as much as you can.

It might seem overwhelming (mostly talking to myself). But getting things done ahead of time will make you feel much better.