Ever thought about joining Phi Theta Kappa?

Over the past few weeks I’ve heard several students in my classes bring it up. So I’d thought I’d tell you a little bit about PTK, and my experience.

When I first came to CCBC I knew I wanted to be involved. But I never knew just how much that would happen. My first semester as a full time student, I signed up to be a Student Ambassador. Which was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made here. Working at various events as an Ambassador, introduced me to different clubs and organizations on campus. One of those groups was Phi Theta Kappa – Chi Theta. After talking to a few people, they all had nothing but good things to say about PTK. And they all encouraged me to join. Everyone talked about all the benefits of being a member, and how it would really help me in the future.

So last semester I had already planned to apply for membership. However I ended up joining even faster than planned, after receiving an email invitation. It explained all the requirements and benefits. I immediately hopped online and completed registration.

A few weeks later, I got an email about new member orientation. Before I knew it, I was regularly attending meetings. Not too long into my membership, I heard a need for chapter officers for the next semester (Fall 2018). I knew this would be another great opportunity to be a part of. So I expressed an interest and was inducted as an officer, a few weeks before I was even inducted as a member.

The requirements for membership are:

• Complete 12 credits of academic coursework prior to applying
  • Maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher
  • Pay a one-time fee of $75 ( Don’t let the fee stop you from joining. There are scholarships available.)

This has been my first full semester as a PTK member, and my first time as an officer. Joining PTK was a great decision. It’s been amazing to be surrounded by like minded individuals, that really push you to your full potential. I encourage everyone to check us out, we love having visitors!

We hold meetings every other Monday at 12:15 in ADMIN 107-B. And you can follow us on Instagram (@ptkchiktheta), or like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PTKChiTheta/

Feel free to ask me any questions!!