This past Monday, County Executive Kevin Kamenetz shook us all with the Baltimore County College Promise. **clap clap confetti balloons clap clap**

One of the many perks of being an intern for College Communications is that I hear news about the college before most people, so I actually knew about the announcement days before. I didn’t know specific details so hearing the County Executive, the Council Chair, the BCPS Superintendent, and President Kurtinitis actually speak about the program made it clear how great of an opportunity this is for many incoming students.

The College Promise is a need-based program that guarantees free tuition to eligible incoming college students in the county. **clap clap confetti balloons clap clap**

After Pres. Kurtinitis expressed her gratitude for this “gift”, County Exec. Kamenetz emphasized that it is, in fact, an investment. He believes that the return of investment on this program will add great value to the community (YAS! talk business to me). President Kurtinitis also highlighted that students who leave CCBC tend to stay and work around Baltimore County. While I’m certainly not an economist, to me it seems that if people work in the county and spend their money in the county, it can only be good for the overall economy of the county (back me up Professor Joyner).

I think anyone who is eligible for the College Promise should definitely take advantage of it because the only thing better than going to CCBC is going to CCBC ~for free~ am I right or AM I RIGHT?!

SO TELL YOUR HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS ABOUT THE COLLEGE PROMISE. I promise it’s worth looking into.