Y’all… you saw the title of the article so just be prepared for me to Spaz™ today.

I watch anime more than any other form of TV and I have no regrets about it. My oldest brother started me on the Big Three (Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece) when I was around 10 and from there I’ve become an anime consuming monster. Nothing gets me more hype than a phenomenal animated action sequence or really excellent instance of character development. I was that kid who did the Naruto run down the hallway (I mean I still do but my friends politely ignore my existence on those occasions so it’s fine). I’ve gladly received collectibles as birthday presents. I have definitely attempted to recreate recipes that anime characters are just enjoying way too much to be fair. As college gets busier, I have less time to watch, but still get just as excited when I get the chance.

Now that I’ve publicly confirmed I am a big nerd, I can also say that I am adamant of the fact that anime has taught me a lot of life lessons. So today, I am here to pass some of them on to you, and hopefully inspire you to watch them.

Disclaimer: Once you start you will never escape… 

I don’t have a specific genre I like to watch so this list includes action, romance, sports, etc etc.  Also there’s no spoilers, so read safely!

Naruto

giphy

Sometimes your friends are going to act like they’re not your friends, sometimes you’re going to fight. If you really value them don’t let them get away so easily, drag them back to their senses however you can.

Bleach

bleach

If you know something is wrong, fight it with your whole heart. Rules are not always the ultimate authority. Especially in America, especially now. Educate yourself and then stand for what is good, not necessarily lawful.

Fullmetal Alchemist

FMA

Do more than the minimum. Instead of giving only as much as you took, give more, and leave that person or place in better shape than before you came. That’s the only way the world can become better.

One Piece

op

Even the strongest people are hiding weaknesses. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. So don’t be intimidated by power, because everyone has faults.

Haikyuu!!

haikyuu-ep-1

Don’t let someone who is better than you automatically be your enemy. Instead, if you are given the opportunity, let them be your ally and become better for it.

Say “I Love You”

say i love you

‘I tried to carry on, while rejecting any relationships with others. But once you reject other people you’re stuck. You lose the opportunity to meet other people, and to change.’ – Mei Tachibana

Mei says it best in her own words. No matter how many people hurt you, it won’t hurt more than cutting yourself off completely.

free! Iwatobi Swim Club

FIS

What you’re doing is only as important as the people you’re doing it with.

Death Note

death note

Never let yourself go about your life without people to advise and correct you. Everyone thinks they’re the good guy, so it’s best to make a more competent authority part of everything.

Attack on Titan

aot

Is a life cut off from the world really a life?

Noragami

yato

Everything has a cost. Even if you thought it was free, it cost something, whether it was money, dignity, trust, etc.

Samurai X

Kaour-dono

It isn’t enough for the law to say we’re all equal. If the people’s’ hearts don’t change, none of it means anything. – Kamiya Kaoru

KAORU KEEPIN’ IT REAL WITH THE PEOPLE that’s all I have to say.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

tsuna

“I consider everything that happened to be precious moments of my life. The pain. The suffering. The fun… And I am here right now, because everyone was there for me. I couldn’t have accomplished anything by standing still, without anybody’s help. I treasure every moment I have spent here. Unlucky? I feel pretty lucky. This is my resolve.”

Tsuna is, to put it simply, MY BOI. He also understands that every moment in life is a precious moment, because it is either enjoyable, or is a lesson to make you smarter and stronger in the future.

Dragon Ball Z

krillin

Train to be YOUR best, not THE best. The characters in DBZ are always focused on being better than they were yesterday. Comparing your progress to others will only hinder, not help.

Soul Eater

death

“I do not deny evil, nor do I believe that any human is completely free of malice. Everything must be in balance. As long as evil and good maintain an equilibrium in this world there is no problem. Perfect balance is the key to everything.” – Death The Kid

It’s ironic because the Kid loves balance but he goes to a super unnecessary extreme to achieve it. However, he is right. The only way to thrive is to balance what you do. Fun and work, listening and speaking, learning and teaching, the list goes on.

What’s your favorite anime? Comment below so I can check it out!