Hello my dudes!!
So a really important part of our lives is motivation and inspiration. For everything we do, we need a reason, and the stronger that reason the more likely we are to excel in our goals. Most of us are blessed to have at least a few motivators but, sometimes, especially in school, we can lose sight of those bigger goals when we’re drowning in homework and would rather be doing anything else. That’s why it’s important to have a reminder for ourselves every now and then. There’s a quote by Zig Ziglar (best name ever, I know), he says
People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily
I find what makes something really motivating for me is when it’s a reminder I’ve created with my own hands. No matter how much I’m inspired by books, videos, movies, they don’t help quite as much as something I made for myself, because for a moment it will put me back in that great mindset I had at that time. That’s why for the past few months I’ve been super into inspiration boards.
Inspiration boards serve a lot of purposes for me, outside of being good reminders. They’re a creative outlet, which is great because although I really enjoy what I’m studying as a Business Administration major, I don’t get many chances to let my artistic side shine. They’re also super thoughtful gifts to make for a close friend or family member.
Including my the featured blog photo, here’s some inspiration boards I’ve also worked on!
If you don’t know what inspiration boards are they’re just boards you make… that inspire you. Yeah, okay so they’re pretty self explanatory, here’s the steps!
- Pick a theme – popular ones include fitness, dream careers, general ‘good mood’, study motivation, the list goes on
- Decide what’s best for you – I like the physical act of assembling a board but you might prefer the digital kind that you can see whenever you open a laptop. Whatever works!
- Gather up inspiration – Start collecting the bits and pieces you want to make your board. I like to use things like
- newspaper/ magazine clippings
- Handwritten notes/ drawings
- Artsy stickers/ beads/
- I’ve added a bunch of my favorite quotes at the bottom of this post to help you get started!
- Build – This phase is normally a few days of arranging everything onto your board. It’s considerably easier with a virtual board, but either way think about the positioning and size of everything for maximum impact.
- Placement – Depending on the theme, place your board in the most appropriate spot. If it’s for school, hang it above your desk. For a new diet, put it near the fridge. For general good mood, put it somewhere you’ll see when you wake up.
GET HYPE TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOALS, I BELIEVE IN ALL OF YOU!!
**NOTE: As in every other aspect of my life, I am supremely Extra™. You don’t have to spend hours and make it look all coordinated, if printing out single phrase to slap on your wall helps to motivate you, then do that.
List of Some Quotes That I Think Are *Fire Emoji*
“& so what – if my feathers
are burning. I
never asked for flight.”
“A lesson without pain is meaningless, because gaining anything worthwhile requires sacrifice. But if you can overcome that pain and achieve your goal, you can achieve a fullmetal heart, and that’s irreplaceable.’
“The Gods called your name and the seas turned dark; the earth quaked with power.
You looked up at Olympus
screaming at the gates;
“What will I become?”
The Gods fell silent, then-
with a thunderous roar replied;
“Who are you now?””
Do not tell everyone your story. You will only end up feeling more rejected. People cannot give you what you long for in your heart. The more you expect from people’s response to your experience of abandonment, the more you will feel exposed to ridicule. – Henri J.M. Nouwen
“Don’t you dare
For someone else’s comfort –
Do not become small
For people who refuse to grow.”
|—||m.v., Advice to my future daughter #2.|
“And you tried to change, didn’t you? Closed your mouth more. Tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake… You can’t make homes out of human beings. Someone should have already told you that. And if he wants to leave, then let him leave. You are terrifying, and strange, and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love.”
—Warsan Shire, For Women Who Are Difficult To Love
“You are what you love, not who loves you.” -Fall Out Boy
“Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
There is only one thing to fear… to become a warrior without fear.
“If I cannot move Heaven, I will raise Hell.”
“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” -Maya Angelou
“A person matures after going through a painful, bitter love”