It is fairly obvious that I really like nice stories. Happily ever afters are so nice and i grew up thinking it happened all the time in real life. I grew up watching all the “girly” Disney movies where the prince finds some girl beautiful and they get married and live happily ever after. It’s all obvious, happily ever afters do not usually happen especially in the cases of the victims of gun violence.

I am a victim of bullying and i suffered mild PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) for months after my secondary school. It was a really painful experience because of the nightmares I had and I don’t wish anybody goes through anything like that.

In Statistics, the probability of heads or tails on a coin toss is half. That is only true on paper. There is that thin line in reality where we get neither heads nor tails.

I found it hard to believe that a lot of people still found it safer to keep guns around after all that has happened with guns. These people must not be empathetic at all towards the suffering of the victims of gun violence I thought. I come from a country where we don’t have to deal with too many school shootings. I thought that having guns did not make sense and it only leads to trouble. However, the best scenario does not always win the argument at all. The most well  presented scenario does. Some people have legitimate reasons to own guns and we should also try to understand their reasons.

While it seems that majority are not in support of guns anymore (including myself), guns will still be in circulation till the majority is truly not in support of guns. Someone said ‘guns don’t kill people, people do. Well, since there are people that bring about this nation wide state of depression, we should always be prepared for extreme cases.

That’s why the CCBC public safety has put together safety tips to ensure students know what to do in times of dire emergency. I have included a link below

http://www.ccbcmd.edu/~/media/CCBC/campus-life-and-activities/Public%20Safety/PDFs/Crisis_Plan.ashx

I hope we shall never have to be in a situation to use these. If you have any suggestions, make sure you leave a comment below.