Howdy, Y’all!

Many people concentrate on making New Year’s resolutions and changing one or more aspects of their life, at the beginning of New Years. This is usually a great and important time in a lot of people’s lives, both emotional or physical. More so, either to create an individual adjustment or a global change. I used to think that important or last long changes are only changes I make at the start of a new year, I know some people think that way too.

You can change something about who you are anytime. You can wake up tomorrow and change your life for the better.

We are all in college so whether it’s learning a new language, workout routine, or new eating habit, you can change something about who you are any day of the year. I recently decided to start meditating often, and rather than waiting for a new month or year to start, I just jumped right practicing every day. Every day, I dedicate a few minutes to at least two self-awareness practices. I know what you may be thinking,

Trust me, that’s what I thought at first. Some of the exercises I’ve practiced are Mindful Breathing, the Guided Body Scan Meditation, Loving Kindness Meditation, breath counting. I’ll go more in-depth on meditation next week :). Guess what, after a week of the practices, I noticed tremendous progress both in my daily activities and overall well-being.

Many people wait to change something about their life because they are afraid they aren’t prepared or ready. About the meditation, I decided to make the change after a few weeks in my Holistic Health class. You can’t think too hard about starting something new. You need to just jump right in. There is a chance that you will fail, but just pick yourself up and try again. So if there is something about your life that you want to change, what are you waiting for? Make the change right now!