About Me

Hello Humans!!!

This is just a long, but brief summary about me and my future aspiration

My name is Cyril Ikeh, and I’m the author of the blog you’re currently reading. I have never blogged before so this is a
18121323_1836933959964491_4369707467285209934_owhole new exciting experience for me! I enjoy writing for fun, so hopefully, my writing can be put to good use by telling you all about life for me as a student at CCBC!

Here is a little about myself. I have 3 siblings – a brother, Nicholas, who is also studying as a full-time student majoring in General studies (pre-med) at CCBC Essex, and two sisters Favour and Rejoice. I grew up in Enugu, Nigeria (in West Africa). I attended school in my country from grades one through twelve and moved to the United States in the second week of May 2015.

What do my friends and I do during free time? – Hang out and talk to each other, Study together, watch movies, eat together, take walks, play video games, take unnecessary trips to the mall, or go into town.

Discovering and choosing a college that fulfills all of my needs was a rigorous yet exciting task. CCBC has been my main occupancy for the past year and I believe it’s also been the setting in which I’ve transformed and grown as an individual and a leader the most. I won’t say that the College is fully responsible for my change, but it has been a nurturing environment for me to trip up and fall down a couple times. Whether the issue was medical, personal, or economical.

I’m currently a sophomore majoring in General Studies, completing an Associates in Arts degree. Since arriving on the beautiful CCBC Essex campus, every single day has brought along struggles, challenges, as well as the adventures, surprises, and tons of excitement. But, it hasn’t been so much to make me lose track of my goal and future Ambition.

DSC_0868At CCBC, My community involvement all began when I joined the Essex Honors program; it finally felt like the United States has accepted me. I’ve made new and wonderful friends since. At present, I am a CCBC Student life AmbassadorChapter President at Chi Theta Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa International Honors Society, and still an Honors Committee Representative. Previously I’ve served as the Vice-President of the Students for Justice and Economic justice club, an Honors Committee Representative where I as serve students representative to the Honors faculty committee – my position include reviewing new applications etc, the Vice-President of Public Relations at Chi Theta Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa International Honors Society. Technically, I work at the phi theta kappa office at the Essex campus, so you can always stop by and say HI!!. I’m a member of the Multi-Cultural Student Association (MCSA) at my campus, the International Student Association (ISA), and the Black Student Union (BSU). In addition, I volunteer on Campus; assisting my various clubs in different fundraiser events, recruitment events, and awareness campaigns. Above all my Leadership activities and volunteer activities, I still go to my classes and participate in class activities like everyone else. My secret: Good Time management. 

With all these College activities and being a full time student, what do you think I do in my free time? I basically relax, watch a lot of TV (i.e. movies, soccer, anything interesting), spend time with friends and family.  

CCBC has offered me the opportunity to spend the past year developing my leadership skills, to receive an excellent education which was fully funded, and to work towards transferring to a four year school, hopefully University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry (Pre-Pharmacy), and continue on to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree. I aspire to use every skill and Knowledge I gained in the United States to strengthen the usage of medicine and more pharmaceutical companies in my country of origin, Nigeria and all around Africa. As a young and first-time college student, I’ve always believed in making a difference in my community and around the world, which motivates and inspires me to work to the best of my ability because of my passion for the people I am serving.

As a Student of CCBC, I encourage anyone attending CCBC to explore all of the extracurricular offered, regardless of your age or any other factor. You’ll be amazed by what programs like phi theta kappa can do for you

So what now? Well, I hope this introduction can show you a little of my background. So that is a little bit about where I come from and what I’m doing here at CCBC. I’ll be adding more things as they come to me while writing this blog over the next semester or so. What I really hope to accomplish with this blog is to give both prospective students and any other interested readers a glimpse both into my life and my take on CCBC. I aim to keep this blog entertaining, funny, as well as brutally honest. I am anticipating having a memorable semester – packed with a lot of busy school days but also fun times. Hopefully, I can give everyone an accurate snapshot of life at CCBC while providing some fun to read posts at the same time.

careers-629x260

Happy Reading!!!!

Close