Audition for the CCBC Dance Company and for the Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.) in Fine and Performing Arts: Dance
To be admitted to the AFA program you must be selected through an audition process. If you are not selected at this time you may audition again next semester.
CCBC Dance Company Spring 2022 Auditions
WHEN: Friday February 4 from 11:15 am – 12:45 pm
WHERE: Essex Campus, Wellness and Athletics Center | WELL Dance Studios
Come dressed in dance attire.
Spring 2022 Audition Procedures:
- You must complete the online audition form found here. The deadline for submitting the form is Friday, February 4 at 10 am. To complete this form, you need to know when you are available to rehearse on the Essex campus. Most rehearsals are from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday and Friday from 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Once your audition form is reviewed you will receive an email with additional information about the audition process. Please review the CCBC Dance Program Studio Procedures video (from Fall 2021) to know how to navigate the Wellness Building and the procedures for the Dance Studio spaces.
- A face mask that covers the nose and mouth is required at all times during the audition process. No neck gaiter/handkerchief/or masks with valves. No street shoes in the dance studios – bare feet, non-slip socks or dance shoes must be worn in the dance studios at all times.
For more info visit: ccbcmd.edu/dance
Requirements to be a CCBC Dance Company Member:
- CCBC Student
- Selection at the Audition
- Enrollment in the DANC 240 – CCBC Dance Workshop Course
- Enrollment in a CCBC Ballet or Modern Dance Technique Course
- Proof of COVID vaccination
- Work with Faculty on choreography for the Spring Concert
- Create choreography that will be adjudicated for the concert
Mandatory Company Class and rehearsals on Fridays from 11:15 am – 2:30 pm.
Other rehearsals as scheduled on Monday – Thursday at 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm and Fridays at 9:30 am – 11:00 am (dependent on dancer availability and selection at the audition).
Other rehearsal times as arranged (dependent on dancer availability and selection at the audition).