CCBC’s annual Commencement ceremony is the climax of our academic year.  It is the day we pay tribute to the talent, hard work, passion and resourcefulness of several thousand students whose work has culminated in an associate degree or a certificate.  It is a reward, not only for students and their families, but for the tremendous efforts made by faculty and staff across the institution.Graduating students with one holding Proud to Be CCBC sign

For the past two years we have paid tribute virtually, but this year we return to the magnificent white tent, replete with as many COVID protocols as we need to ensure a safe, yet hearty celebration of our graduates.   We will be celebrating the achievements of 2,700 graduates from 2022, 2021, and 2020, as 850 walk across the stage while their families and friends look on with pride.

Over 2,700 more CCBC graduates are poised and ready to enter the fray that is the waiting world.  They worked hard to reach this level of distinction and are now in fighting trim and ready to shape their future.  I dare say, they are well on their way to accomplishing remarkable things.  Indeed, the future looks bright in their capable hands.

I close this message with my traditional injunction to our graduates.  In the gentle words of novelist Elie Wiesel:  “Go my friends, and make small miracles.”

For those who are not able to attend the Commencement ceremony, I invite to you watch our livestream, starting at 10:30 a.m., June 4, as CCBC’s Classes of 2022, 2021, and 2020 move on to the next chapter of their lives.