Alumni Spotlight: Kelsey Lewis

We are extremely proud of our students’ accomplishments and look forward to seeing how they improve our world with their many talents. Enjoy a minute with Kelsey Lewis, CCBC Dance Program alum.

What have you been up to since leaving CCBC?

Right after graduating from CCBC I attended and graduated from Point Park University with my B.F.A. in dance. Since then I have had the opportunity to work at multiple dance studios, teaching and choreographing in various styles. Lastly, I got the incredible opportunity to work with Company E on one of Rob’s latest works.

Describe your experience with Company E.

Working with Company E was such a breath of fresh air (masked up of course) since everything that has been going on with the pandemic. But, this experience, in particular, wasn’t special just because my dreams of being a professional dancer were coming true, but because of the people I got to dance with. They really are the ones that made my experience as amazing as it was and I’ll always be so grateful for them.

What challenges did you overcome when restaging excerpts of “Voila Viola” by Robert J. Priore for the Fall 2021 Dance Concert at CCBC?

Honestly, the most challenging part was restaging the cast on a different number of dancers than we had in the original. But honestly, the dancers were so willing to try anything and everything, so it didn’t feel like a challenge at all.

If you had to give advice to your younger self, what would it be?

My advice to my younger self would be to have more confidence and to trust my abilities. Also to just have fun, lol, not everything has to be so serious.

Enjoy viewing Kelsey’s restaging endeavors at the CCBC Fall 2021 Dance Concert!

November 11 – 13, 2021 | CCBC Dundalk, College Community Center, John E. Ravekes Theatre

November 11 at 11:10am
November 12, 13 at 7pm

TICKETS ON SALE NOW
General admission $10, Seniors, Students, CCBC Faculty/Staff/Alumni $5, FREE for CCBC Students with current ID
Purchase tickets online www.ccbctickets.com or call the Box Office: 443.840.ARTS (2787)

Read our reopening safely guidelines: http://blog.ccbcmd.edu/…/performing-arts-at-ccbc…/

#ccbcdance #artsatccbc #ccbcperformingarts #makeartfromdayone

Kelsey Lewis, CCBC Dance Program Alum
27.10.2021

Add comment