Audition for the CCBC Dance Company and for the Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.) in Fine and Performing Arts: Dance
To be admitted to the AFA program you must be selected through an audition process. If you are not selected at this time you may audition again next semester.
CCBC Dance Company Fall 2021 Auditions
WHEN: Friday September 3 from 11:15 am – 2:30 pm
WHERE: Essex Campus, Wellness and Athletics Center | WELL Dance Studios
Come dressed in dance attire and bring either jazz or ballet shoes.
Fall 2021 Audition Procedures:
- You must complete the online audition form found here before you will receive your audition time slot. The deadline for submitting the form is Friday, September 3 at 10 am). To complete this form, you need to know when you are available to rehearse on the Essex campus. Most rehearsals are from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday and Friday from 9:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Learn the movement phrases from this video and be prepared to perform them at the audition along with learning movement combinations at the audition. If you cannot access the video contact Melinda Blomquist at email@example.com for assistance.
- Once your audition form is reviewed you will receive an email with your audition time slot. You need to arrive 30 minutes prior to this time to warm yourself up. For Example: My audition time is from 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm, so I will need to arrive by 11:45 am to check in and do my own warm up. Please review the CCBC Dance Program Studio Procedures video to know how to navigate the Wellness Building and the procedures for the Dance Studio spaces.
- A face mask that covers the nose and mouth is required at all times during the audition process. No neck gaiter/handkerchief/or masks with valves. No street shoes in the dance studios – bare feet, non-slip socks or dance shoes must be worn in the dance studios at all times.
For more info visit: ccbcmd.edu/dance
Requirements to be a CCBC Dance Company Member:
- CCBC Student
- Selection at the Audition
- Enrollment in the DANC 240 – CCBC Dance Workshop Course
- Enrollment in a CCBC Ballet or Modern Dance Technique Course
- Work with Faculty on choreography for the Fall Concert
- Work with Guest Artist Hope Boykin
- Take masterclasses with the American College Dance Association
Mandatory Company Class and rehearsals on Fridays from 11:15 am – 2:30 pm.
Other rehearsals as scheduled on Monday – Thursday at 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm and Fridays at 9:30 am – 11:00 am (dependent on dancer availability and selection at the audition).
Guest Artist Rehearsals: Sunday, October 3 at 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm; Monday October 4 – Thursday October 7 at 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm; and Friday, October 8 at 10:30 am – 3:00 pm.
Other rehearsal times as arranged (dependent on dancer availability and selection at the audition).
Performances: CCBC Fall Concert and Towson University Fall Concert.