Category

Community

in Community, Equity, Events

Assault on democracy

On January 6, many of us watched in disbelief as the U.S. Capitol was desecrated while an unruly mob of our own citizens attempted a coup to overturn the results of a lawful election. It was a dark day for America, no matter your political allegiance. The shocking image of rioters roaming freely through the halls of Congress will leave…

Continue reading
in Community, Inspiration, Students, Uncategorized

Holiday greetings

For most of us, this year’s holiday season is nothing like any we have ever experienced. It closes out a year filled with apprehension and uncertainty, but one marked by impressively high levels of teamwork, innovation and achievement. If 2020 has shown us anything, it is that our CCBC community is resilient, creative, determined and caring. Most of all, caring….

Continue reading
in Community, Donors, Leadership

Charting a path to our next normal

In early July, I engaged a group of CCBC’s major donors in a virtual conversation about the impact of COVID-19 on the college.  My message was similar to those regularly shared with faculty and staff – reflecting upon how far we’ve come since shutting down due to the pandemic, where we currently are and where we hope to go as…

Continue reading
in Community, Uncategorized

A Time for Reflection; A Time for Action

Our country is at a tipping point. The senseless deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and far too many African-American men and women is a reflection of the racial prejudice and injustice that continues to exist throughout our nation. While we cannot directly influence what happens in Minneapolis, Louisville or Brunswick, we can, and will, positively impact our…

Continue reading
in Community, Faculty, Leadership, Students

Testing our resolve

It has been far too long since I’ve posted a President’s Blog, but since so much has changed at CCBC and in our daily lives, I felt it was the perfect time to give it a reboot. At CCBC, we have been hard at work launching the new fully-remote learning environment. The work has not been easy, but I dare…

Continue reading
in Community, Students, Uncategorized

Happy holidays!

Dear Friends, With the holidays now upon us, we may find ourselves feeling nostalgic about cherished time spent with family and friends. As you reminisce about seasons’ past, partake of this year’s festivities, and ponder the possibilities that lie ahead, I wish you abundant happiness and peace during this holiday season. And, I find no better way to end the…

Continue reading
Close