Bobby’s Burger Palace at the new Maryland Live! casino!

The Maryland Live! casino in Arundel Mills has just been opened to the public. Amongst all of the sounds and lights of the slot machines in the casino is Food Network star, Bobby Flay’s new restaurant, Bobby’s Burger Palace. I couldn’t wait to try Iron Chef Bobby Flay’s burger, and I was thrilled when I was informed that I would actually be meeting with the accomplished chef.

Bobby’s Burger Palace is much like a diner with color tones of mint green, orange, and brown. The colors are accented well with pictures of fresh fruits and veggies hanging on the wall. There is an amazing light fixture that cruises in an S-curve above the unique individual seating area and continues to the outside seating deck. There are huge family style tables in the middle of the restaurant, and a hard liquor bar near the door. The casino floor is still visible from the seating areas, but the casino does not cause major distraction from this delicious burger palace.

Each seating area is complimented with a box of napkins, and a wheel of creative sauces including, chipolte ketchup, yellow mustard, burger sauce, jalapeño hot sauce, and ketchup. Each of these sauces packs a full flavorful punch to any burger. My favorite of the unique sauces was the jalapeño hot sauce because it was not extremely hot and had a fresh flavor. Bobby Flay mentioned that he is a fan of different sauces, even the fries come out with their own ‘fry sauce.’

The menu is relatively simple yet offers a twist on your usual variety of burgers, fries, and milkshakes. BBP offers salads, and three side options of fries, sweet potato fries, and beer battered onion rings. Bobby’s Burger Palace also has 10 different topped burgers with options of angus beef, ground turkey, or chicken breast as your burger.  Flay has come up with his signature “crunchified” burger. This burger is topped with crunchy potato chips. You are able to ‘crunchify’ any of the burgers on the menu. The chips on the burger is something I am sure many of us has done before, so the fact that I am seeing it be a part of a menu is surprising and extremely delicious!

Bobby said that “It’s a perfect combination. Burgers, fries, and milkshakes remind [him] of childhood.” I think many people can attest to a similar feeling of the comfort foods.

I ordered the famous crunch burger a side of fries and a pistachio milkshake. My burger was cooked perfectly, which I ordered at medium rare, covered in american cheese and potato chips. The fries came with their own special dipping sauce. I have a huge sweet tooth, and really like the idea of a pistachio milkshake, so I had to get one! The milkshake was rich and thick and came with a spoon and wide straw. It was one of the best milkshakes I’ve ever had!
Bobby Flay wants to “create food that people will love and want to come back for,” and I am already wanting to go order for take-out!

The prices of these gourmet burgers developed by Bobby Flay himself are not expensive. The average price for a full meal is about $15. This includes a burger, fries, and a milkshake. The restaurant also has an option for takeout. Not a bad deal for these tasty treats!

If any of you visit Bobby’s Burger Palace, comment and let me know about your experience!