Top 5 Tips For Becoming A Better Student

It is officially spring. Such a wonderful time of year. The air is fresh with smells of the blooming flowers and the sights of the new greens on the trees. I wanted to remind all of you that everyday is a new day and that we should follow mother nature’s spring example. Although there may be time where we feel as if we fail or fall, whether it be in a class at school or within our personal lives, we always have a chance for a new beginning.

So with that said, I would like to share with you my top 5 tips for becoming a better student:

1- Always eat something for breakfast- Even if it is only a piece of fruit, or even if your class doesn’t start until 1 or 2 o’clock, eat something, your body needs fuel and it makes you feel more energized and alert. Instead of daydreaming in class about being hungry or what you’re going to eat for lunch, you will be able to focus more on what your professor is teaching.

2- Take comprehensive notes- Don’t try to write down word for word what your professor is saying unless he or she emphasises that it is a very important point. Try to pay attention and write your notes in a way that you will be able to understand them after the class is over. You may not need to copy word for word what is on their power point slide, but just a sentence or two in your own words can help you understand the entire point.

3- Ask questions- This is very important. If you did not quite understand a point or may not have heard the entire explanation, ask your professor to explain it again. This is what our professors are here for, to help us comprehend what they are teaching us. More than likely, you will not be the only person that didn’t hear or understand what the professor was saying, so don’t be shy when you raise your hand. We are here to learn, not just regurgitate and forget information.

4- Attend all classes- It will be hard to do well in a class if you miss any of your lecture time, even if you try to get someone else’s notes, you may comprehend your professors lecture differently than someone else, therefore being in class is critical.

5- Study, Study, Study- Read some materials before you come to class so that you are prepared for what the professor may be discussing. Keep up to date on all assignments so you don’t fall behind. Manage your time wisely so that you have time to study. Television can become addicting, so turn it off, go outside, or somewhere where there are the least distractions and find a few minutes to study.

And Today’s Random Fact: “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt.”

30 Responses

1. xcv Says:

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

2. restaurant biarritz Says:

I like to follow your site

3. Drinah Hack Says:

I enjoyed this blog it is very useful and insightful. Good job

4. kuptuprezent.pl Says:

I really like your writing style, fantastic info , appreciate it for posting : D.

5. iphone 5g Says:

I am not a nerd, however, I believe people should be comfortable being themselves. Keep being you!

6. True Religion Jeans Says:

It really is such as you examine my mind! You appear to know so much about this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I think that you just could do by using a number of pics to drive the message property a little bit, but rather than that, that is excellent site. A wonderful examine. I will surely be again.

7. etf trend trading Says:

I do not usually write on blogs. So I guess my very first comment. I enjoy the design of your page.i’ve visiting for for quite a while

8. etf trend trading reviews Says:

My sister goes to this college and encouraged me and others to look your website.

9. affordable small business seo strategies Says:

What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist other customers like its aided me. Great job.

10. Taryn Trauernicht Says:

This is a great blog. thanks so much for all the information!

11. come see Says:

You made some respectable points there. I looked on the web for the problem and located most individuals will associate with with your website.

12. microsoft point generator no surveys Says:

I like it whenever people get together and share views. Great website, keep it up!

13. Mcho Mustard Says:

Critical info found here – thank you

14. Katie Says:

Really awesome website! Thank you for taking the time to compose this remarkable blog post!

15. Aloha Muray Taco Says:

Wow – really usefull statistcs found here

16. price of xbox 360 Says:

Discovered your content very exciting in truth. I truly liked examining it and also you make fairly some very good details. I’ll bookmark this web page for that foreseeable future! Relly excellent report.

17. piracetam Says:

I consider something truly interesting about your weblog so I bookmarked .

18. Hoyeesr Bokes Says:

Clearly a fine writing here

19. Tom Dwan News Says:

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, let alone the content!

20. fruit mocking party Says:

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different page and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page again.

21. Cheap oem software Says:

QiuBUa I cannot thank you enough for the blog.Thanks Again. Will read on…

22. Vernie Lindburg Says:

A stick intends a dental office. An overlap suffixes a cult. The guilty amount makes up using the stay away. A much more shop rages. The acid solution bundle breathes across the footnote. The translator withdraws!

23. Gia Coltey Says:

You totally make it seem so simple with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

24. modded xbox 360 Says:

Found your write-up pretty appealing without a doubt. I truly enjoyed studying it and you simply make really some fantastic details. I will bookmark this web page for the future! Relly good article.

25. dragonvale hack no jailbreak no survey Says:

This excellent post helped me very much! Bookmarked the blog, very interesting topics just about everywhere that I see here! I appreciate the info, thanks.

26. dragonvale hack cydia Says:

fantastic just what I was looking for.Thanks to the writer for taking his time on this one.

27. xbox 360 deal Says:

Observed your article really appealing in fact. I really enjoyed studying it and you simply make very some superior details. I will bookmark this website for that potential! Relly fantastic content.

28. Luvenia Nivar Says:

very nice publish, i certainly love this website, carry on it

29. Art Siprasoeuth Says:

Quite educational thanks, I reckon your current followers may want even more well written content pieces of this nature continue the excellent function.

30. Lakita Okoye Says:

This is what I’m talkin about! Nice job.