Spring Fever

The weather is getting warmer and the days increasingly longer. Today is Monday, and while I normally have a case of the Monday’s, who could be down on a beautiful day like today? Its time for some spring cleaning and reevaluating. Time to pack up all of the winter clothes and pull out all of the spring and summer wear, I don’t see any signs of winter weather coming back soon. It’s a case of Spring Fever.

With spring break approaching, I am wondering what many of you have planned to enjoy it. I am increasingly anxious to have my toes in the sand and to hear the ocean while soaking in the sun. Lucky for us baltimorians, Ocean City is only about three hours away.

While counting down the days until spring break, I am sure the work in our classes may be getting more intense as the semester rolls along, but i like to think that after spring break its all down hill from there. To me, spring break is the peak of the semester and while we may have assignments due right after spring break I think the work load will soon become lighter as the final weeks of the semester approach. Hang in there! Enjoy this weather and get ready for a break, but until then, put in as much effort as you can because before you know it, this semester will be over.

Random Fact: Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

21 Responses

1. Hip Hop Lirik Says:

Yeah, I’ll enjoy this weather and of course I’m ready for a break. As you have said above put in as much effort as you can before this semester will be over, :) Btw, I would like to ask you, what do you mean about diamonds represented the merchant class? Isn’t diamond represented a luxury?

2. Shanika Lofton Says:

As far as the middle ages, they didnt use paper money and they also traded a lot. Im sure the diamond represents money and for that the merchant class were usually the ones doing most of the buying and selling which made them the most rich. the diamond, like the heart and spade and club, is just a representative symbol of that class during the middle ages which interestingly enough is what a deck of cards represented.
    Check this link out for more info on merchants and trade during the middle ages:http://library.thinkquest.org/10949/fief/himerchant.html

3. xcv Says:

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

4. kuptuprezent.pl Says:

I was basically wondering if you ever thought of replacing the design of your web site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could create a a bit more in the way of content so people might connect to it better. Youve got a great deal of wording for only having one or two graphics. Maybe you can space it out better?

5. Samsung Camera Reviews Says:

Greetings! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. With thanks!
    bestdigitalcamerasreview.net

6. Jocuri cu Razboi Says:

Shanika Lofton » Spring Fever is a nice posting. I am about to take more time looking into this topic.

7. Juegos educativos Says:

Very good write-up, I am going to bookmark Shanika Lofton » Spring Fever.

8. etf trend trading Says:

I was wondering if your site has an rss?

9. Juegos de robots Says:

Good task writing Shanika Lofton » Spring Fever. I’d like to learn more about this topic.

10. Shanika Lofton Says:

I don’t think so :(

11. Shanika Lofton Says:

I know that there is a word press App, hopefully this helps

12. how much is an xbox 360 Says:

Located your post extremely exciting certainly. I seriously enjoyed browsing it and you simply make very some great points. I will bookmark this website for the upcoming! Relly excellent content.

13. makan bakso Says:

hello buddy!…

I reckon something genuinely interesting about your blog so I saved to bookmarks….

14. gaba Says:

I appreciate your helpful words. great contribution. I hope you write many. I will carry on subscribing

15. Maud Hatchel Says:

I can’t tell you how impressed I am with your article. Your insight and unique ideas have inspired me to think about many things contain here. Thanks for this info.

16. bulgaria tours Says:

I enjoy checking your writing, Shanika Lofton » Spring Fever has been included in my favorites in firefox.

17. tours romania Says:

I think that it’s best to write more on this topic Shanika Lofton » Spring Fever. It won’t be a taboo topic however typically persons are not sufficient to talk on such topics.

18. Baby Mattress Says:

Shanika Lofton » Spring Fever was saved as a favorite :) , I like your blog!

19. Oem software online Says:

HmmgeS wow, awesome article.Much thanks again. Really Great.

20. Jude Rob Says:

Its wonderful as your other content : D, regards for posting . “The real hero is always a hero by mistake he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.” by Umberto Eco.

21. les musik Says:

hello buddy!…

Appears to be pretty active on this site…