Welcome back! I hope everyone had a good holiday break!
After the quick holiday break, it is now time to start focusing on finals. We have 3 quick weeks left until winter break. If you guys are like me, you probably didn’t get much accomplished over break and now professors are piling up more work to get done in such a short amount of time. It is overwhelming. Juggling multiple classes and trying to get the best possible grade can be challenging. These are somethings I will be doing to get through all 6 of my finals:
1. Take a nap. It’s likely you’ve been up late at some point this week or even pulled an all-nighter. Even if you only have 20 minutes, take a power nap to rejuvenate.
2. Take a walk. A little exercise is healthy and getting away from campus or your neighborhood can provide some much needed relief.
3. Take a deep breath. It might seem cliché, but taking a few deep breaths can help relieve tension, make you calmer, and help you figure out what to write for that final paper.
4. Try yoga. If you’re a beginner, there are easy videos on YouTube that will guide you. The stretching in yoga can help you feel calmer and less tense.
5. Do something spontaneous. It might seem like you don’t have any time to do anything, but sometimes taking a break for something can make you more productive in the long run. Plus, it’s fun to have fun!
6. Plan a late night breakfast. The weekend before finals you more than likely will be awake all night. Why not plan a night to go get breakfast with friends and get away from studying for a short time.
7.Do something to make you relax.Do something completely random that will not require much thinking. For example, coloring a coloring book. It will take your mind off of school and give your brain a break.
8. Have confidence. Negativity will not lead you down the path of success. Have pride in your work, and know that you are capable of anything.