Hello world!

Hello!

My name is Renuka Purimetla and I attend the Catonsville Campus. I am studying American Sign Language Interpreting and I love it! I was born and raised in Chicago, IL and I have a Social Work degree from Northern Illinois University.  After I received my degree, I started working, got laid off in 2008 and decided it was time for a career change. I needed a fresh start and a new environment to reach my goals. That’s when I decided to come to CCBC.  That was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made!

This is my 1st year as a Student Ambassador and so far so good. The CCBC Student Life Ambassadors are a diverse group of student leaders who provide service to CCBC and the community with integrity. We engage in the enrichment of the college community by serving as liaisons between all constituents. It’s great being a part of what CCBC has to offer. We are CCBC!

I am also a club leader for the American Sign Language (ASL) Club. The mission of the ASL Club is to improve and maintain signing skills and to develop awareness of and knowledge about ASL and Deaf Culture. We organize meetings and events venues and activities for students wishing to develop fluency in ASL at CCBC. If you would like to visit, we meet every Monday’s from 2-3 in building Q room 303F! Come join us!

“Understand that the JOURNEY is as important as the destination. ENJOY every moment and live life fully.” – Daniel Levin

One Response

1. Mr WordPress Says:

Hi! Sorry I haven’t been on here…..I have been super busy and trying to balance everything I have going on…….

Get ready for some fun blogs coming up……….

Have a wonderful day,
    Renuka