CCBC peeps! Are you interested in doing service en la Isla del Encanto?
If you missed the info sessions, here’s some information for ya!
Why Puerto Rico?
- Puerto Rico is U.S. Territory. Although Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, they cannot vote in presidential elections.
- Participants will be able to reflect on the benefits of social programs and privileges that are available to U.S. citizens.
The trip is from Saturday, July 23 to Friday, July 30. You also attend these mandatory meetings:
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011 _ 3-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2011 _ 3-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2011 _ 3-4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 20, 2011 _ 3-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 10, 2011 _ 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. for an all-day retreat
What will you be doing?
- Community Project with an Orphanage, a home for the elderly.
- Renovations at a school for the Deaf.
$250 in cash or check payments
- $50 commitment fee and $50 at each meeting.
- Fundraisers such as selling chocolate, carwashes, raffles…
Commit to 25 hours of service to the college which are to be completed before the trip.
- i.e. assisting with Commencement, New Student Days…
Am I eligible? This is what you need:
- 2.0 GPA
- Two letter of recommendation
- Must be registered for either a summer or fall course.
- Must be in good standing.
- Students who have been through the judicial process as a result of a code of conduct violation will need to be cleared by the Dean of Students.