We’re thrilled to announce that Cockpit in Court plans to return to the stage for Summer 2021!
It broke our hearts to cancel our 2020 season in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. So we’ve been working diligently to prepare to return to the stage safely and wisely, and welcome our audiences back.
Celebrating the resiliency of the live arts, we will return for Summer 2021 with a limited season of two shows, both of which will be performed in the F. Scott Black Theatre at CCBC Essex.
Ready to bounce back with us? Join us for two productions we were forced to cancel in 2020:
And Then There Were None
Directed by Linda Chambers
July 9 – 25
The grand dame of mystery takes top billing with her world-renowned stage classic. The director and cast have been waiting to hear it’s time to take up their journey to a manor house on a mysterious island and bring you the chills and surprises you expect from a Christie murder mystery.
Disney’s Moana Jr
Directed by Liz Boyer-Hunnicutt
July 30 – August 15
Since Cockpit announced plans to produce this Disney hit, young actors have been clamoring to join the fun! We’ll bring the Court Jesters back to the stage with this heart-warming story about finding the resilience and courage to face the unknown and conquer fear with love. Plan ahead to bring your young theatre fans to this production. Seating is limited!
Keeping in alignment with state and county requirements and best practices, we will require temperature screenings, masks will be needed for everyone (regardless of vaccination status), and seating will be limited and arranged to ensure social distancing.
Feeling the need for live theatre? Get your tickets and plan to join us, because it’s just not summer without Cockpit in Court!
The Cockpit in Court Summer Theatre is committed to reopening safely
Like you, we are eager to return to the theatre! And we will take every step and precaution to keep everyone safe—including our artists, volunteers, staff, and of course, you, our audience.
As we return to the F. Scott Black Theatre this summer, we have developed plans to welcome you back within the guidelines for safe practices recommended by the CDC and Maryland Department of Health, and in compliance with Baltimore County and CCBC’s requirements for public performances.
At every step, we are committed to safety first, both in producing live theatre, and in welcoming our audiences.
Expert Guidance and Safe Practices:
As a program of CCBC, Cockpit in Court operates within the requirements of the Community College of Baltimore County, and is guided by the expertise and safe practices that have kept our campuses open and serving our communities. We will follow the most current updated guidelines and regulations.
Masks for ALL over the age of 2
Masks Required Indoors
Because we care about your health, masks are required for all guests as well as volunteers, staff, cast and crew throughout the venue. They must be worn at all times. Masks must be worn regardless of vaccination status.
- Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly around your face and chin.
- Neck gaiters, open-chin bandanas and masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable at this time.
- Plastic face shields may not substitute for a cloth mask
- If needed, masks will be made available.
Food & Drinks
Food or beverages are not permitted inside the theatre or the theatre lobby. Concessions are available, but after purchasing, you will be asked to proceed to our outside patio to consume them.
Regular Health Screening
- All staff, volunteers, cast, and crew will have their temperatures read upon entering campus. Anyone who has a fever or symptoms will not be allowed to remain on campus.
- All audience members will be screened upon entering the campus or theatre building. If you are turned away due to fever or symptoms, tickets can be exchanged for another performance or you may request a full refund.
Lobby and Public Spaces
Please remember to maintain distance before, during, and after the show. Follow the directional signs and the reminders posted throughout the lobby for guidance.
Socially Distanced Seating
Our Theatre is currently seating at a maximum capacity of 100, based on state and county guidelines. Your general admission ticket will be converted to an assigned seat in the order of arrival to the theatre. Seating will begin 30 minutes prior to show time.
- Your party will be seated together and the next 2 seats will be blocked before the next party is seated. No one will be seated in the row directly behind you.
- Once you’re in the auditorium, please remain in your assigned seat until the house manager has started the exiting procedure at intermission or end of performance.
- If you must leave before intermission or the end of the show, please do not crawl over the people in the same row. The house manager will be monitoring the house and will assist with your exit.
Limiting physical contact
Credit or Debit cards are preferred to reduce contact, but cash is accepted, and may be used to purchase tickets or concessions.
Hand Sanitizer & Disinfecting Wipes Available
Take advantage of the sanitizer and wipe stations throughout the venue, especially at the entrance of the building, the box office counter, and the concession table.
Frequent Hand Washing
Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face. Volunteers, staff, cast and crew are required to routinely wash their hands for at least 20 seconds.
Welcoming You Safely
In addition to these practices while audiences are in the venues with us, staff and volunteers work between and before performances to keep the theatre safe.
- Doors will be propped open or automatic as much as possible, to minimize physical contact by multiple individuals.
- All “high-touch” surfaces—such as chair arms and backs, doors, counters, table tops, and other surfaces—will be cleaned and sanitized between performances.
- Restrooms will be made available both upstairs and on lobby level. They will be deep cleaned and sanitized between performances.
Cockpit in Court Summer Theatre,
James Hunnicutt Lisa Boeren
Artistic Director Administrative Manager