The Cold Weather

Am I the only African who suddenly wants to hop on the next flight to the motherland because of this weather? I cant believe i’m saying this, but I miss the heat. Waking up in this cold could be such a struggle, despite the fact that I use an alarm clock and phone alarm to wake myself up. All in all, we still have to do everything to make it to class. Worst thing is if you have to catch the bus. We all know how late those buses are. (Btw, I learnt something… If  a bus is scheduled to arrive at 5.35, add 10 minutes to it, because the bus isn’t coming at 5.35 lol ) Well I have a piece of advice for everyone in order to breeze through this cold weather without it having a hazardous effect on you. Firstly, wear layers of clothes. The season for tank tops and shorts has passed. ( A guy was walking beside me, in his tanks and shorts, and then started folding his arms and saying, “Its too cold out here.”) . Secondly, you have to have an idea of how the weather is going to be everyday. Check the weather either on your phone or on the weather forecast channels. You should also drink a cup of tea or coffee every morning to keep your inner systems warm. And then, if you fall sick and it is contagious, ask for permission to stay at home, especially if you are in my class… lol :D . But yeah, lets all keep ourselves warm and free from sickness. Get a thick jacket and wear enough layers. ;)

That being said, there is a spotlight speaker event going on at Catonsville on the 6th of November, from 10 am. It is about the book, The Working Poor. It is at the barn and I can assure you it would be a very informative and educative session.

Also, communication week kicked off today at Catonsville. We had a couple of speakers come in to talk to us and it was a good experience. It goes on again tomorrow at Essex and on Thursday at Dundalk.

Last weekend, some people went with CCBC to Philadelphia, and from what I heard, those of us that did not go, missed out on all the fun :( . Sadly, I was busy this time, and I could not go.

Well, as we all know, the semester is coming to an end gradually, and finals week is approaching. Lets not wait till last minute to study. We can start now. It is never too early. Did I forget to mention Thanksgiving Break was this month??? Yeah. It is. I doubt anyone is as excited as I am. I finally get to have my 15 hour sleep per day lol.

Well, I hope you all have a nice week. Study, go to class and turn in work on time, and you would do good.

Check out my fellow bloggers’ pages for interesting, educative and fun posts. Have a nice week again :) . And remember to spend wisely :D