My Journey

What a journey these last two and half years have been! I have been unexpectedly surprised in so many ways throughout my time at CCBC. I will admit that I was like most people in thinking that community college would be dull, not fulfilling and just a cheaper way to earn a few credits before transferring. But…the minute I stepped onto the campus and into the classrooms, my whole outlook changed and I knew I had to stay for my Associates.

There have been an abundance of opportunities given to me at CCBC. The faculty that I have met haven’t just been teachers, they have been mentors and even friends. They have genuinely cared about my future and well-being. I know that they will each have a special place in my life and offer guidance as I continue to achieve my goals.

The fellow students in my classes have offered encouragement, and support. My peers have been incredible, and I was constantly amazed of the character displayed in those people who have ventured into my life at CCBC. The culture of CCBC has shown me the variety and uniqueness of individuals from around the world. In specific, the Student Ambassador program has allowed me a chance to spend more time with wonderful International students that have inspired me and have become my friends.

The Student Ambassador program has provided me the opportunity to lead, motivate and share my own story almost everyday. The people I have met throughout the college when working events have continued to change my life. Each one offering new insight and provoking thoughts about life and education.

My love of volunteering and desire to help others has emerged throughout my time at CCBC. I was able to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Our Daily Bread, and even had the opportunity to travel to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota on Alternative Spring Break. Literally, some of my volunteer experiences were life changing and I will forever be inspired because of each of them.

I want to say thank you to CCBC from the depths of my heart for being more than I could have ever imagined.

CCBC was an unexpected surprise, and it was fate that I ended up at CCBC for my Associates. I’m so blessed to have been here for two and half years.

I have been molded by the professors, staff and peers that I have come into contact with everyday. My experiences have motivated me for future endeavors and my new degree has equipped me to continue on my educational journey.

It’s bitter sweet saying good-bye to a place that I have loved and it’s surreal to think that my time has come to an end. I will take with me the knowledge, and skills that have been ingrained in me by the amazing educators at CCBC.

I will be a person who will strive for change, and hope to make the world a better place one step at a time.

Thank you to every single person who has crossed paths with me at CCBC, and thank you for helping me become the person I am today.

And…ultimately…

Thank you CCBC for helping me get one step closer to my dreams!

I hope I make you proud!