Gratefulness

The past couple of days Maryland has experienced the worst of weather conditions. Hurricane Sandy torn through Ocean City and didn’t treat New Jersey or New York City well either. It’s incredible what mother nature can do, and we as humans will never be able to stop impending storms from making their mark.

Although Maryland was covered by the eye of the storm, my surrounding community had no damage and never even had a power outage. There’s no other words to describe what I’m feeling besides gratefulness. In situations like these, I believe everyone tends to be a little more thankful for the little things in life. Being recommended to stay indoors because of the dangerous storm causes people to be trapped with those that they love most. It makes people realize what is truly important in life. I hope that the gratitude and appreciation that many of us felt the past couple of days can be translated into our daily lives.