Sleep, where are thou? A Satire Love story

Dear Sleep,

I have a bone to pick with you. I have recently noticed that you have left my side these last couple of weeks, with no note saying where you went and when you will be coming back. Did I do something to upset you? Are you angry with me? I remember that particular day when we got into that heated argument. You wanted me to go to bed, I had work that had to be done, you told me that I barely see you. You told me that I’m always working and that you were sick of my excuses. I told you that the work wasn’t going to get done by itself, and then we made up and went to bed. I thought everything was fine, but I get the sneaking suspicion that you deceived me. You only let me think everything was fine by getting those minimal hours with you, but in actuality, you were planning your revenge.

I just want to say, I love you sleep. I need you in my life. I’m a wreck without you. I think about you night and day, with no comfort knowing you’re not near. I miss how you used to put my mind at ease, make me feel relaxed, and how I would wake up feeling refreshed and energized. I honestly don’t know how I make it through my days. Getting up takes so much effort! I have to have a serious mental powow with myself, just to convince my legs to swing from underneath the covers. I turn on every single light in my room, blast the music, and try to get dressed with all my clothes facing forward. I try to pay attention in class, but your running through my thoughts. Sometimes I want to lay down somewhere, anywhere. Maybe you will be there. I tried to call you, but you never pick up or return my calls. I can’t believe how childish your being. We’ve been together for 24 years now, and even though you left my side during those crucial years in college, I forgave you. I let you come back with open arms, and this is the thanks I get?

Sometimes I think you’re trying to make me jealous. I watch commercials seeing you with other people. Yeah, you think I’m not watching, well I am! You used to be that way with me. If you don’t want to be with me, why can’t you just say so. You don’t have to get all famous and stuck up like you weren’t with me FIRST! I know right around the holidays, you’ll come back. Yeah I said it, they always come back, you included!

Sincerely, not bitter, or tired, or paranoid

Imani

4 Responses

1. jess Says:

very cute post Imani. i’ve been there for sure. oh how there were times when i longed for my bed during grad school. hang in there, thanksgiving break is right around the corner!

2. Imani Grant Says:

Thank-you Jess! Yeah, I thought I turn my insomnia into a laugh! I don’t know what college student can’t relate to the omnious absence of sleep.

3. Ruth Coradin Says:

I love this! :)

4. fatcow promo Says:

Your site is constantly getting better and better! Your old content is not as perfect as more recent posts you have a much more imagination and originality at this point keep it up.