Womens Expo 2013

March 16th  through the 17th marked the 12 annual Women’s Expo, presented by the Women Expo Forum and CCBC Enterprise Institute. The Women’s Expo is a conference that promotes women owned and operated businesses. Through the workshops, speakers and vendors women are able to network and build connections that will help their business. As someone who is interested in being an entrepreneur I thought going would be a great opportunity to learn something new and to hear some words of wisdom from women that own their own business. Out of the many vendors that were there, my favorite was “GOGO’s Retread Threads,” a vintage store that sells one of a kind female and male vintage pieces in a funky decked out bus. It was like the “magic school bus” except for vintage fashion lovers. The founder Stacey Chambers has been doing this for almost three years, she stops at different locations through out the month to sell some vintage treasures for affordable prices. I definitely plan on purchasing some more stuff from her one of these days! Her pieces are so unique and like any other vintage piece, carry so much history in them. I really enjoyed attending the Women Expo and meeting empowered women, I look forward to what next year has in store!

Founder of GoGo’s  Retread Threads Stacy Chambers and I

You can keep up with GoGo’s Retread Threads on their:

Website

Facebook Page

Twitter